Sunday, January 11, 2009

Michael Manring(KE5YOO) - Antenna Project ... Updated



















Michael Manring(KE5YOO) sends these photos of his portable 3 element Yagi beam antenna. He made this antenna based on the internet’s “Tape Measure Beam” antenna plans. The site describing the design and construction is
















"While this beam does not seem to perform as well as the original author claims, it is a good portable beam that I hope will aid in finding the next fox. Also, I plan to use the antenna when RV camping at the local area lakes.



Ray(KC5WSI) also suggested use on a boat. My family enjoys a pontoon boat that this beam may work well on. We will have to give it a try this summer".









73





Michael Manring
Ke5yoo@cox.net

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Michael!!!

Stan(KE5LEP) said...

Mike.
Great Post.
When you have opportunity I would like a close up photo of the cable attachment.
Stan(KE5LEP)

Nate(KE5YTJ) said...

looks like some fun stuff I may even try to build one my self