Thursday, November 13, 2008

Free To A Good Home: Not-so-old QSTs.

Okay. Here is the thing. I have a lot of stuff. Because once upon a time I had more money than time and now I have neither. So I'd like to cut down on the bulky magazines I have in storage at the Ham Shack. ( I need to get some of the wife's crafty stuff in the shack so the baby nursery can be exactly that when the times comes. ) A lot of these are QSTs from the early to mid 2000s. I think these would be great for a new ham or to loan out to your geeky friends that haven't taken the plunge yet. Similarly, I have a lot of Nuts 'n Volts that I saved for the robot and weather balloon articles...

I'd ask that you either read, enjoy and return to me or pass along. Otherwise please don't shread 'em, sell them on ebay, etc. In that case, just give them back to me and I'll try to find a library or something to take them when you and everyone else are done.

Yes, I know back issues are free via Internet to ARRL members, but with the economy the way it is, I'm doubting League membership is increasing. If I had $$$ I'd put it in AMSAT because they're pretty much on the rocks. But that is their own doing and beyond the scope of this post.

Anyway, that's my rant for today on this topic.

73
Scott

No comments: